Monday, November 9, 2015

Avery at 18-ish months

I can't believe how fast kids grow! Avery is almost 20 months already. She weighed 26 pounds at her 18 month checkup and was in the 80th percentile for height and weight. She's a big girl who is quickly gaining on her brother. (Owen has 14 months on her but only weighs 30 pounds!)  She seems to be as smart as her brother and maybe even catching  onto things faster because of him! (All of this from my very unbiased opinion!) Avery has started talking a lot! She can repeat almost anything you ask her to. In fact, we were in Fareway today and I found myself asking her to be a little more quiet! Lol! She also loves to sing. Her current favorites are "I Am Jesus' Little Lamb," "Good Morning, God," and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." I'm convinced kids can sing before they can talk!
Avery is completely opposite of Owen in most ways. For starters, she's a girl. She's stubborn. She's ornery. She's loud. She's independent. She's feisty. She entertains herself. She loves to eat meat and cheese but is becoming a fan of bread. She loves her baby. She has a smoker's laugh (it's hilarious!)
But Avery loves her brother! She finds him so funny and it often laughing at some silly thing he's doing! It is so amazing to see their bond growing. Although it was hard in the beginning, I'm glad Owen and Avery are so close in age. I think they will grow up being best friends. God has blessed Tyler and I with two great kiddos. We are so grateful everyday to be their parents and we pray God will continue to guide us in every way!
"Avery is so big!"

What a nut!

Avery...smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment