Monday, April 6, 2015

I Can't Make This Up!

A conversation with Owen while driving home from Ames the other day...
Owen: "There's the moon mama!"
Me: "Yeah."
Owen: "I want the moon!"
Me: "I'm sorry, Owen, but I can't get the moon for you!"
Owen: "I'll get it myself."
Me: "Oh yeah?"
Owen: "And break it...and cook it!"
Me: "You're gonna cook the moon? What do you think it will taste like?"
Owen: "Sausages!"


I have considered trying to work some Spanish into Owen's vocabulary but I wasn't exactly sure how to go about doing it. When I asked Tyler he suggested to just tell Owen it's another way to say it. So I told Owen that "elephante" is "elephant" in Spanish. Then I asked him how to say elephant in Spanish. He replied, "Elephant in Spanish."

I was singing in my beautiful opera voice the other day. And I just kept doing it because it sounded so good! Finally Owen told me that I sounded like an elephant! Obviously we were hearing different things!

Owen makes me laugh daily with the things he says. I love that he can talk and the way his brain works! What a funny kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment