Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Nightmare

Yesterday I was sweeping our three seasons porch. I just had opened our glass door (leading outside) so I could sweep the pesky leaves outside where they belong, when I heard a loud thud and turned around to see a bird on the floor (within feet of me!!) The bird had flown into the opened glass door and stunned/hurt itself. (For those of you who don't know...I have a strange/embarrassing fear of birds...I think it is the flapping motion!) So, of course, I ran inside screaming and instantly called Tyler. He assured me I would be fine and I just needed to push it the 6 inches outside with a broom. Okay...I can do this! I armed myself with a broom and a tied hooded sweatshirt (to protect my hair from being attacked which was inevitably what was going to happen the instant I touched the thing!) After a long stare down, I lost my nerve and called Ty again. I started freaking out and tearing up slightly so Tyler told me to leave the bird and he would deal with it when he got home. God answered my prayers because when I got home from running some errands, the bird was gone! Yay! My fears were realized that day but I live to tell you about it (only by the grace of God!)



1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha.

    love the picture of you in the sweatshirt. you look like, instead of planning on sweeping the bird out the door, you're going to mail anthrax to it. either way, the job gets done i guess.

    but wait - if tyler wasn't there, did you take that picture of yourself?! that would only make this whole thing even better.

    have i told you lately that i love you? (that's some weird rod stewart song, but i feel like it's still applicable. especially since i'm pretty sure he wrote that to some girl with a phobic fear of birds.)

    ReplyDelete