Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cruel and Unusual Punishment

Anyone that has had an ultrasound knows you are required to have a full bladder. I took this very literally because I wanted to see the baby. I drank plenty of water and didn't allow myself to pee before the appointment. After we arrived, they forced us (Tyler, Ty's mom, Ty's dad, my dad, my stepmom, and myself) to wait. As we were (patiently) waiting, my bladder continued to get more and more full. I was now afraid if I moved the wrong way I would wet my pants. I asked the receptionist how much longer the wait would be and informed her of just how uncomfortable I was. She told me that I could go to the bathroom if I only peed a little. I promised her I would and walked/ran to the bathroom. Once I sat down and let go...I couldn't stop! Oh no! I definately didn't go just a little! I was going to be so mad if I messed up the ultrasound so once I left the bathroom, I immediately went straight to the drinking fountain and started chugging more water! Tyler and I finally got called back into the ultrasound room where there was more waiting (only now I had my pants off so should I wet myself it is no longer myself but the chair I'm wetting! Oh geez!) Tyler told me to not think about it but I had to! Once we started the ultrasound, I was excited and distracted, but shortly my urges were starting to make themselves known again! I informed the nurse that I was very uncomfortable and she was nice enough to let me go to the bathroom (again!) I have learned my lesson and I now know that I, personally, don't need to drink quite as much water as they recommend! Definately cruel and unusual punishment to force a pregnant woman to drink lots of water and then attempt to hold it!

No comments:

Post a Comment